Wednesday 2 February 2011

Homeless Man in Newcastle

I took this image in 2010. It was the first image I took with my 70-200 f2.8L lens. I was looking through a shop window in Newcastle and I knew my settings where probably all over the place. I saw this homeless man (who is well known in Newcastle) and just pressed the shutter and hoped the image would be OK. After posting this image on my flickr account last year I have had a number of people contact me to say they have fed this man. I also had someone contact me and tell me his story, it would be unfair to share it here but what you need to know is - he never begs so if you see him buy him some food or spare him some change.

Homeless Man Newcastle

 check out the image on flickr Homeless Man Newcastle © Anthony Dorman


Homeless Man Newcastle (crop)


check out this image on flickr Homeless Man Newcastle (Crop) © Anthony Dorman

Remember - we are all only a few decisions away from being homeless and suffering from poverty so don't judge, just be kind - it could be you one day.

2 comments:

  1. Very pathetic.Love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Jimmy/Arthur .........you'll be missed by more folk than you'd ever imagine

    ReplyDelete