Thursday 21 June 2012

Homeless Man Newcastle (Revisited)


On April 2010 I took the following candid photograph of a well known homeless man in Newcastle upon Tyne. Read my original post here;

 http://www.anthonydormanphotography.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Homeless%20in%20Newcastle

                                        View this image on flickr here © Anthony Dorman

Whilst walking in Newcastle last week I saw him again. This time I wanted to ask him if I could take his photo. I was expecting him to say no as he generally avoids people - you never see him begging or being a bother. He stopped in his tracks and quietly said yes. I took about five quick shots aware that this was a rare  and special privilege. I did not want to hassle or embarrass him so this all took about 90 seconds. At the end of the encounter I thanked him and gave him a few quid to help him out.


View this image on flickr here © Anthony Dorman


View this image on flickr here  © Anthony Dorman


View this image on flickr here  © Anthony Dorman

I have been contacted about this man via the first image I took and posted on flickr a number of times. Thankfully I can say that the emails I have received have been great with people telling me how they have helped him out with a bit of money or food. Hopefully these new images may inspire the same results.

I have been interviewed for a new photography website called Worth The Shot recently about my approach to street portraits and other stuff. This is a new page that will feature photographer interviews, tutorials and all things photography related.

Check the site out here: http://worththeshot.co.uk/

check out my flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16059306@N08/



2 comments:

  1. Thanks man! Great post too. J

    ReplyDelete
  2. A face full of character. Sad that he's now passed away.

    ReplyDelete