Wednesday 19 September 2012

Homeless in Newcastle

Anyone who knows me or follows my blog will know that I have recently posted about the death of a well known homeless man in Newcastle. There have been developments that I can't go into just now regarding his death that are to say the least 'complicated'. Due to supposed recent sightings of the presumed deceased man I ventured back out onto the streets of Newcastle in search of answers. After speaking with the Police and The Cyrenians I was even more perplexed so decided to find Newcastle's homeless themselves in search of answers. Here are a couple of humble souls who looked at the photo of the man I was searching information about and offered their knowledge. 

                                                                © Anthony Dorman

I believe the man above is often mistaken for my missing homeless man due to his beard, hat and posture. In fact I believe Eddie below believes the man pictured above to be the missing man.


                                                                  © Anthony Dorman

                                                                   © Anthony Dorman

                                                                © Anthony Dorman

I might now begin a serious project based on homelessness based on my experiences of dealing with the homeless of Newcastle.



Update: http://anthonydormanphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/ice-cream-and-aesop-and-truth-about.html

3 comments:

  1. Whats the story with the man in the first photo? Seen him every time I have been to town recently. Any joy finding out what happened to arthur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I think the first man is often mistaken for the homeless man Known as Arthur/Jimmy. I'm waiting for the OK from the family of the dead homeless man to post an update on what has happened. There is a police investigation going on, I can't say much yet but things are not good. When I can I will post about the man including his real name. I'm still moved by the interest in him - thank God for decent people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply. In my eyes he was an unsung hero of the north east. He never harmed a soul and lived how he wanted and escaped the matrix of our want want take lifestyle. Everyone knew who he was and he was probably one of last characters we had left in newcastle. Also one of the few who arnt dependant on drink and drugs.

    ReplyDelete