Wednesday 16 February 2011

Going Underground

I was trying to think of an interesting place to take some photos that would be indoors as the English weather was being its usual rotten self. I came up with a plan to take some images of the Pedestrian Tyne Tunnel which is quite a place. After a couple of phone calls to the local transport authority I was granted access to take some photos - you have to be careful these days with secuity concerns. The Tunnel when it was first built carried thousands of pedestrians across the River Tyne, mostly shipyard workers in the once busy docks. The tunnel also features the worlds oldest wooden escalator shown below.


View "Going Underground" on flickr here. © Anthony Dorman


What I did not expect to do on my trip to the tunnel was to capture another stranger for my 100 Strangers Project however that is exactly what I got.

30/100 "100 Strangers" 
View the high resolution image on flickr here © Anthony Dorman

Until yesterday I did not realise that this stranger image appeared on Explore on flickr. Thanks to Simon Bussey for letting me know.

View my entire photostream on flickr here.

No comments:

Post a Comment