Monday 14 March 2011

The Fisherman

Every year the fishermen docked at North Shields Fish Quay donate their days catch to charity. I was asked to take some press images of the donation. At the end of the shoot I asked Martin (pictured here) if I could take his portrait.

view this image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman



I first met Martin when after a series of coincidences I ended up doing a shoot on a North Sea trawler. There was something very cinematic about the lighting at the Quay. I realised recently that most of my portraits are framed in a landscape format. I think that this comes from my love of cinema, I feel that my Grandad and my Mum's love of film has become deeply ingrained in my psyche. I can remember when I was a little boy asking my Mum "When did the world become colour?" A few days passed before my Mum realised that I had been watching a number of old black and white films. Not all of my photographs are colour but I really do love rich strong cinematic tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment