Thursday 24 March 2011

A Movie Star in the Making

I did a shoot with a young guy named Danny last week. We started by shooting in colour around various locations around Newcastle. It became increasingly apparent to me that Danny had a timeless kind of movie star look. For all the camera geeks I shot in RAW but changed my shooting mode to mono. As soon as I began shooting in mono everything started to work.

View this image on flickr by clicking on this link © Anthony Dorman



I know that Danny is hoping to get some media work, behind the camera but I feel he should be also considering being in front of the camera. The images we took that day really reminded me of a mix of old style Hollywood mixed with French cinema and English "kitchen sink drama" of the sixties. Danny also proved to be a really nice guy with great conversation and he turned up with his sister to be part of my 1000 Faces 1 Day project for Red Nose Day 2011 

No comments:

Post a Comment