Wednesday 23 February 2011

A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints

I was in Glasgow last year and I had been on my feet all day taking photographs all over the city and getting a mixed bag of results. It was getting late and I was dead on my feet when I passed a group of young guys playing basketball under the bizarre street lights that feature in parts of the city center. I must of walked past them about three times before the compulsion to as I call it "shoot strangers" kicked in. Now for me this was a city that I don't know well and I am asking a group of strange young guys if I can take their photo. Something must have told me that they were a good group of guys and indeed they were. After the initial awkwardness they really seemed to be at ease in front of the camera. Indeed one of these photos is probably my favourite photo that I have taken. When I look at them I am reminded that I am not a kid anymore but it allows me to see their story unfold with the knowledge that the time they have now is fantastic and to be enjoyed to the maximum. I recently watched a film called "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints" which is an all time favourite of mine. When I watched the film it reminded me of this set of images. When these guys are older with families and history I hope they will look back and remember the days and nights they had together as friends and all the crazy stuff that you do which shapes you forever.

View this image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View this image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View this image by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View the image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View this image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View this image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman

No comments:

Post a Comment