Monday 7 March 2011

Classic Beauty

I spend so much time taking portrait photos of a wide variety of people that I get to read a multitiude of expressions and emotions. I often stop strangers and ask them to let me take their photo and I am often asked why I have stopped them in particular. I don't think the majority of the people I ask are classicaly beautiful however I do find them all to have either expressive faces or interesting faces. I have stopped some imposing characters with very striking features who light up as soon as you put them in front of the camera. In an age where beauty is defined in absolutes I would rather look for character and warmth which to me is far more interesting.

view this image on my flickr page by clicking here © Anthony Dorman

No comments:

Post a Comment