Sunday 24 July 2011

Once Upon A Time In The West.......Midlands!

I have not posted for the last week as I have been on a little holiday break to Shropshire with my girlfriend Rachael. We were visiting Rachael's Nan Betty as it was her annual garden party, this year with a wild west theme. I knew that I wanted to take some quite specific images using external flash. I wanted to use as much flash as possible to create a strong contrast and large depth of field to the photos. This is something quite different for me as I usually shoot with a large aperture f1.8 to f2.8 to achieve a very shallow depth of field.

View this image here on my flickr page © Anthony Dorman

I was keen to re-create the old wild west images created with massive powder flash so I set up one of my studio heads with a shoot through umbrella on full power to the camera left. I did all this thinking that I would convert the colour RAW files to sepia tones. I did however like the colour images once tweaked in photoshop and was in two minds about which to use. I made the slide show video below for a laugh and as a way of saying thanks to everyone who had their photo taken.




Here is a selection of some of the sepia images featuring a variety of the misfits, outlaws, vagabonds and harlots ha ha.













The last image is of me (yup I know I look stupid) and my girlfriend Rachael who made my weekend/ year by agreeing to marry me this time next year as part of Betty's 2012 family party celebrations. Now that we are saving for the wedding I am available to shoot party's, family get togethers (no matter how silly) and all sorts of other events. I can be contacted via my website below.



No comments:

Post a Comment