Sunday 21 August 2011

Into Vintage

I have been massively busy over the last few weeks and have neglected my blog which makes me feel awful. So here I am back again and posting about one of my recent shoots for Into Vintage a retro/vintage clothing company based in Dalbeattie, Scotland. My brief was to shoot a selection of images for the company's new website and social networking pages.


The shoot was to take place outside on location in Dalbeattie and in true British form it chucked it down with rain and heavy drizzle all day. This was however not going to prevent a Geordie and four Scottish lasses from getting the images needed.


To bring more colour into a very drab day I warmed up the colour temperature of the images before cross processing them with a more vintage feel. I also shot at f2.8 with just a touch of high speed fill flash to reduce the depth of field and eradicate any rain or at least freeze it and remove it in the edit.


After being so busy with non photography based things recently it was lovely to shoot some fantastic models in some great clothing. Although I profess to know nothing about fashion I do feel more comfortable photographing people than any other subject. I think sometimes it's both interesting and informative to shoot something you feel comfortable (people) in a style out of your comfort zone (fashion).



For more information about Into Vintage please check out these links below;



I will be posting on a more regular basis now that my life seems to be more settled and time is on my side. I will be posting about my experiences with some recent press photos, issues with photo credits and why you should never work for free unless you get a credit or link that benefits your business as a working photographer.





No comments:

Post a Comment